Recipe: Easy, Healthy, Baked Crispy Sweet Potato Chips
Homemade sweet potato chips are super simple to make. Making a healthy version of potato chips is so easy, it’s practically fail-proof. The only ingredients you need in this recipe are sweet potato, olive, oil, and salt and pepper. I’d much rather bake my own sweet potato chips than purchase them at the store for several reasons.
First, I know exactly what all the ingredients are. Second, I don’t have to worry about trans fats and poor-quality ingredients. Third, there’s no need to worry about what all the substances I can’t even pronounce are doing to my body. And lastly, it’s very rewarding to eat something delicious you’ve made with your own bare hands. You can substitute sweet potato for any other species of potato. Yams make great chips as well. If you liked this recipe, you may also enjoy my baked lotus root chips recipe as well.
Baked crispy sweet potato chips
- Calories 220
- Fat 13.7g
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Protein 2.2g
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and peper to taste
Easy, Healthy, Baked Crispy Sweet Potato Chips Recipe Instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut sweet potato into thin slices
- Toss in 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Line a baking tray with sweet potato, evenly spaced out
- Bake in oven for 25 min (flip half-way through)
- Bake until slight browning on the edges (add 5 min if more crispiness is desired)
- Remove from oven, sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Serve with your desired condiments (ketchup, sriracha, tobasco, etc.)