Recipe: Pico De Gallo Egg White Bites
This is a great snack for people who are too busy to cook or don’t believe they possess the skills to cook. All the recipe requires is a little spraying, pouring, and sprinkling; not a single ingredient needs to be chopped or prepped. The oven will do all the work for you so you can focus your time on activities you may find more valuable such as playing with the kids, preparing a school report, or drafting an agenda for a big business meeting.
These pico de gallo bites are not only super easy to make, but they’re also low-carb, low-fat, and low-calorie relative to most highly processed snacks you’d find at grocery stores. Because eggs are so versatile, you can easily change up the flavor by adjusting the seasoning.
Pico De Gallo Egg White Bites Recipe Instructions
- Cooking spray
- Liquid egg whites
- Pico de gallo (store-bought)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Herbs and spices to taste (garlic, onion, tumeric, oregano)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray each cup in a muffin pan with cooking spray
- Add 1/4 cup of pico de gallo into each cup
- Fill each cup with liquid egg whites just below the rim (I poured a little too much)
- Season however you like
- Pop it in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- Poke with a chopstick or fork at 15 minutes to see if it’s done. (If there’s liquid, bake for another 5 minutes)